To become an Uber driver, you must consent to allow Uber to run a background check and driving record check.
The Uber background check looks at these records
- County courthouse records for every county of residence for the last 7 years
- Federal courthouse records going back 7 years
- The multi-state criminal database going back 7 years
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Social Security Trace
- National Sex Offender Registry
Uber background check and driving record check criteria
Your background must meet these conditions:
- A minimum of 1 year U.S. licensing history (if under 23 years old, must have at least 3 years licensing history).
- A clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than 3 incidents in the past 3 years.
- No DUIs and no reckless driving.
- California Uber drivers must not have a DUI in the last 10 years.
- A clean criminal background check with no felonies or misdemeanors involving theft, violence or drugs in a given time frame.
- No speeding violations for driving 20 mph or greater over the speed limit in the past 3 years.
- Uber does not perform a credit check
Uber uses a company called Checkr to perform the background checks.
Read a complete article @